- "The Coherence of Human Goals"
- "AI Risks Philanthropy: How Many Lives Can We Save per Dollar?"
- "Digital Intelligences and the Evolution of Superorganisms"
Each paper has an associated expected cost figure, like this one for the anthropics article:
Total budget: $5,960, including:
- Conference fees, air travel, motel: $1,400
- Costs for researcher time: $4,560
How research costs are estimated:
- Person-months for research and writing: 1.9 (obtained by taking our standard estimate of 1.25 person-months per conference paper and multiplying by 1.5, since this paper requires thinking through and aggregating many different topics).
- Dollars required to support one skilled full time researcher-month: $2,400